Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking on album cover image of the song currently playing takes me to a wrong song on a playlist

Solved!

Clicking on album cover image of the song currently playing takes me to a wrong song on a playlist

When playing music from a playlist clickin on album image in left corner does not take me to the right song on a playlist. Instead it takes me to a wrong song. This happens when the sorting column is activated, but does not happen when the sorting column is not activated. Please fix this. It is a nuisance to deactivate the sorting column whenever I want to find on a playlist the song that is playing. I like to sort the music by artist, so I have the sorting column always activated. This is on newest version of macOS.

It actually seems to take me to a song that is placed on the same place where the right song would be if the sorting column was not activated. This is obviously a bug.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @lenoil,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the wrong song to be highlighted within a sorted playlist when clicking on the album art, using the desktop app. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue, even though its status is "Not Right Now” and there isn’t an exact timeline for a fix.

I also recommend keeping your Spotify app updated to the latest version to ensure that you receive updates to the app.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @lenoil,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the wrong song to be highlighted within a sorted playlist when clicking on the album art, using the desktop app. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue, even though its status is "Not Right Now” and there isn’t an exact timeline for a fix.

I also recommend keeping your Spotify app updated to the latest version to ensure that you receive updates to the app.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts