Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking on my playlist folders, makes playlists move outside those folders

Clicking on my playlist folders, makes playlists move outside those folders

I've got a few playlist folders and in each of such folders a few playlists. When I click on a folder triangle to unfold that folder I can select on of its playlists. When I click on the folder to close it, one or more playlists inside that folder suddenly move outside that folder and end up in the main library. I then have to drag those playlists back inside that folder again. Probably a bug that needs reporting? As this happens on both my home and work iMac.
3 Replies

Hi there @jiggywiggy1965!

Interesting. I tried reproducing this on a Windows machine, but couldn't. Could you try logging in to another account on these devices (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the same issue would occur? If you haven't already, it's also worth performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

In case the issue persists, please share a short screen recording which captures this behavior in action, along with the following details so we can look further into this:

• Your device's OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running, found in the three dots menu in the top-left corner > Help > About Spotify.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Here is the screen recoding. Notice how I open the folder Rock Metal. Then I close it again and 'All New Rock' moves outside the 'Rock Metal' folder and I have to drag it back in again. This happens with all folders. When I open one and close it, one of my playlists moves outside the folder and I have to drag it back in again.

This happens on my home computer and the one at work. On a Mac, fully updated to macOS Ventura 13.2. Spotify is fully updated. Did a clean reinstall. Checked out my hosts file. Updated my operating system. I did everything Spotify Support suggested, who are determined to prove that it is all our computers fault somewhere. Instead of actually have it looked in to by their technical department as part of a bug report. The only thing they haven't suggested yet is switching to Windows. Which I won't do.

Hey @jiggywiggy1965,

Thanks for the reply and the screen recording.

We were unable to reproduce the behavior described though. And because currently there are no other users reporting similar experiences we won't be able to set a high priority for this report. Rest assured we hope to see a fix implemented soon, but can't commit to a timeframe. We hope you understand.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts