Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cmd + Esc shortcut doesn't work

Solved!

Cmd + Esc shortcut doesn't work

Cmd + Esc Shortcut to maximize the window doesn't work on macOS. However, I click on the view menu on top and then click it, and it works. What is this anomalous behavior and is it just me?

Premium Family

Country

United states

Device

Mac

Operating System

macOS

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe its because of this. My global app shortcut for enter and exit full screen are set.I believe its because of this. My global app shortcut for enter and exit full screen are set.

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @pkommini,

Probably because you have other versions installed 🙂

As you said it, just update to have the latest versions. Here's the download link for Spotify while for macOS you can either wait for tomorrow so you can install Mojave or update to 10.13.6 through the Mac App Store today.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @pkommini, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The actual shortcut for maximaxing the window on macOS High Sierra is CMD+M 🙂

I'd also recommend checking this support article to learn all the shortcuts available for Spotify on macOS

Hope it helps!

This is the shortcut I'm talking about. That doesn't work.This is the shortcut I'm talking about. That doesn't work.

Thank you for the article link. I remember seeing this while looking for a solution. However, this article doesn't contain this particular shortcut I'm talking about and so I've posted the picture to demonstrate the shortcut I'm referring to.

Also, I believe you're referring to Minimizing and maximizing within the same screen. They have different shortcuts and miniminzing: cmd + m, maximizing: cmd + alt + 1.

I'm referring to shortcut for "entering full screen", which is in the view menu at the top.

Hey @pkommini,

I'd recommend to upgrade macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6 and Spotify to 1.0.89 

I checked and it's different on my end:

My shortcut is CTRL+CMD+F while on your Mac was Shift+CMD+EscMy shortcut is CTRL+CMD+F while on your Mac was Shift+CMD+Esc

Hope it helps 🙂

Oh wow. I am on the exact version on both macOS and spotify. 😞 

Not sure why I have different shortcut displayed on the menu. 

Hey @pkommini,

As you said it, just update to have the latest versions. Here's the download link for Spotify while for macOS you can either wait for tomorrow so you can install Mojave or update to 10.13.6 through the Mac App Store today.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

I believe its because of this. My global app shortcut for enter and exit full screen are set.I believe its because of this. My global app shortcut for enter and exit full screen are set.

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @pkommini,

Thanks!

As I mentioned. I have the latest versions of both. So versions is not the problem.

Hey @pkommini,

Sorry for the inconvenience 🙂

Strange because on the same section I don't have the other shortcuts. I never changed anything in there so it should be the default. Have you added them before upgrading to High Sierra?

Thanks 🙂

I don't remember changing them. 😞  I like to leave the keys on defaults too. Not sure when this change happened. But I believe resetting the shortcuts to defaults should do the trick.

Thank you for your help and prompt responses. 🙂 

Hey @pkommini,

Yes it should do the trick:

This is how it looks on mineThis is how it looks on mine

Now that you mentioned them I changed one :"D

Have a great day!

Suggested posts