Country

UK

Device

MacBook Pro 2019

Operating System

MacOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I have been operating Spotify comfortably on my MacBook Pro for 4 months with a premium account, however, soon I will be working in areas without internet access for long periods. As a result, I decided to save Spotify offline files on an external hard drive (as I read that this was the thing to do and didn't want to take up space on my internal hard drive). However, once I went offline in order to try the offline files, I closed Spotify and when trying to reopen up Spotify and being connected to the internet it presented me with the logging-in page, that doesn't let me log in because of error code 11 and 126. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies

UPDATE

I removed all of the caches and re-installed the program and that worked perfectly fine logging back in etc. 

However, curious if anyone else can help me out at all in regards to the saving of offline files. I would like to be able to use spotify when I am away but don't have the space to save it all on the hard drive.

Thanks

Hey @bentheguy99, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Really glad that you solved this issue.

To change the location where your downloaded songs for offline listeting is please go to Spotify preferences, scroll down to Show Advanced Settings and click on it. Then scroll down again until you reach Offline Songs Storage. You can then change this to the location you want so the downloaded songs are not saved in your main drive therefore helping you keep your space.

Happy Holidays 🙂

Suggested posts