Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist, can't see the username of who added song.(Spotify for Mac)

Solved!

Collaborative playlist, can't see the username of who added song.(Spotify for Mac)

Hello. I have a collaborative playlist and before it used to show the song, artist, album, username and length of the song....but now im unable to see the username option so i don't know who added the songs. 

Ive been trying to search for this online but haven't found anything. Please can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The reason you can't see who added a song is because based on your screen resolution, it will not fit into the view.

You can solve this by doing one of the following or both:

1: Go to VIEW ---> Friend Feed and click on it to hide the right sidebar

2: Go to VIEW ---> And click on Zoom Out to decrease the text size in the app so more content fits in the view

Does that help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

The reason you can't see who added a song is because based on your screen resolution, it will not fit into the view.

You can solve this by doing one of the following or both:

1: Go to VIEW ---> Friend Feed and click on it to hide the right sidebar

2: Go to VIEW ---> And click on Zoom Out to decrease the text size in the app so more content fits in the view

Does that help?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes it did! Thank you very much

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

It didn't work for me. I'm using my mac and did all the steps but can't see the username of the person who added the songs.Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 21.20.58.png

Hey there @igalaxyassassin,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, is this happening on a playlist that is set as Collaborative? 

If so, we'd first recommend trying the steps below:

• Click the three-dot menu on the playlist > select Collaborative Playlist to toggle this setting off > click the three-dot menu again > select Collaborative Playlist again. 
  • Click View from the Spotify's menu bar > Actual Size ( or tap Cmd and 0) to reset any zoom settings.
  • Log out of your account and then quit Spotify. Once the app has fully quit, open the app again and log back in using your account's login details.

If none of these do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the resolution of your display. You can find this from your Mac's System Preferences > Displays.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Something changed and now I cannot see the username of the person who added songs in my collaborative playlist.  

please fix.

thank you 

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have an issue about this

Me and my friend group has a collabrative playlist for a year. There was not a problem till this month

I did not changed anything but our collabrative playlist is not showing up as a collab one. It looks like a normal one. My friends told me that 'they can still add new sons but they cant see any usernames' and I cant see their usernames either. How can I fix this? the type of this playlist looks like a public one nat a collab one but it, my friends still adding new songs

resim_2023-08-29_210446374.png

Suggested posts