Collapsing/expanding folders make items in the sidebar disappear

Highlighted

Re: Collapsing/expanding folders make items in the sidebar disappear

Gig Goer

Thanks for posting a video. Looks the same for me.

I'm on a Win10 PC. I've been plagued with this same black bug for the last 2 updates as previously mentioned by others, about 3-4 weeks now... Miserable and I can't work either.

I actually lost a playlist into an unknown folder because it went black as I was scrolling and then when I moved my mouse to gain visibility, Spotify inadvertently deposited it into some random folder...

Took me a while to locate where it ended up. A major problem. Needless to say, won't be doing any sort of serious editing.

The uninstall/reinstall is not a fix...it's certainly on Spotify's end as we all suspected.

Here's another discussion noting this same bug:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Spotify-playlists-amp-folders-missing-when-I-expa...

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same here, I also did the reinstall and this problem persists.
Highlighted

Gig Goer

On 6-19-20 there was another update. Version 1.1.35.458.g891674f3

Still no fix on my Win10 PC. This is getting really frustrating. How about on your Macs?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Still happening on mac also
Highlighted

Gig Goer

I am under the impression that Spotify got rid of direct tech support years ago in favor of directing us to the Forum. Posting in the Forum obviously isn't helping our cause....

Considering that this bug has persisted through the last 3 or 4 updates makes me wonder if this is the new Spotify.

Does anyone know of another way to contact Spotify directly? The links I have found online have been dead ends.

Highlighted

Regular
Me and my colleague are experiencing the same issue. I'm on a PC and he is on a Mac. We WORK making playlists for Spotify brands and our database is huge. This bug is making our work almost impossible.

I think this is going on around a month for me. I didn't only reinstall but I formatted my PC. No solve.

Sighs... I don't know what to do anymore besides being angry with the screen.
Highlighted

Gig Goer

7/1/20- Just got another update on my Win10 PC....version 1.1.36.734.g8731c306

Again, no change. Very frustrating....

Anyone get a fix?

Do you think there are just a handful of us plagued with this **bleep** up interface? If so, it's unlikely it will be fixed unless it happens accidentally. It's been months now and a number of updates.....

Any thoughts about how we can get their attention?

Highlighted

Up!
Highlighted

Gig Goer

Hi Katerina,

It was just over a month ago when you joined this conversation. The very same day a participant posted a video for you in response to your request. 

You wrote:

"If you're still having troubles after that, it'd be helpful if you could include a new screen recording or screenshot of what's happening - the one you've shared previously shows as unavailable. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look into what's happening.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help."

We've had no follow up comments from anyone since then. Multiple people have joined in experiencing the same majorly frustrating problem. It seems clear that this bug is on Spotify's end. Is this why we haven't heard from anyone? So far there are 2 discussions concerning this bug. The other one is:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Spotify-playlists-amp-folders-missing-when-I-expa...

It's now 7/6/20, several updates later and still no fix. I have to say it....Are we waiting for Godot? (reference to a play by Samuel Beckett in which two characters, Vladimir and Estragon, engage in a variety of discussions and encounters while awaiting Godot, who never arrives.)

Highlighted

Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS