Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect to a device pop-up multiple times a day

Connect to a device pop-up multiple times a day

Premium Plan, UK, Macbook pro MacOsX 13.0.1, have a Sonos + Amazon Echo at home.

Every single day I get this annoying pop-up, at least 3-4 times a day. I've tried connecting to devices and disconnecting, but it still prefers to assume I don't know to how to use Spotify.

Tried logging on and off, reinstalling the app, and no luck. Do I just have to look at this?

atyfMTXJ.png

3 Replies

Hey @danielvann,

Thanks for reaching out.

It's currently not possible to turn off this notification, but we'd like to investigate this further. Have you noticed any particular event that triggers the pop-up like going outside and back of WiFi range or turning on a Connect-enabled device?

Keep us posted,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No particular event. Sometimes it triggers the 1st time I play on a day, sometimes it will trigger multiple times a day, e.g. when changing songs. I've tried connecting and disconnecting on all available devices, but it will still come back. For some reason it doesn't remember I closed the pop-up in the past, or that I have used the feature to connect with other devices.

Hey @danielvann,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team for further review, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, you can test whether this behavior persists with another desktop device connected to the same network, as it might be related to your particular setup.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts