Free

Country 

USA

Device

MacBook Air

Operating System

OS X Yosemite

My Question or Issue

I've been getting an error code 4 (no internet connection) on my spotify, both in the app and the online player, even though I have a strong internet connection. I have tried the following to fix it:

-turned wifi off and on

-rebooted router

-added 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS

-allowed spotify through my firewall

-uninstalled and reinstalled spotify

-changed proxy to HTTP

None of these tactics have worked, and I have no idea what else I can do.

3 Replies

Hey there @etherealprince1

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your MacBook. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing the error message you see? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Sorry to get back to you so late--I did try reinstalling Spotify, but the issue has persisted. Shortly after posting this complaint I was able to get spotify to connect, but the app was completely blank-- no pictures of album covers, my profile picture, or song artists. I tried logging out and logging back in to try and clear this issue, but I was presented with the attached errormessage, and the app has been this way since then. I've tried to log back in multiple times since then, but this error is always there. I've played around with my firewall, did everything suggested tips did, and it still doesn't work. I am out of options, since the spotify app on my phone is now crashing every time I open it, and don't know what to do.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 4.05.34 PM.png

I just found out my company is blocking the site. If you happen to be on a VPN connection, turn it off and see if you are able to get back online with Spotify.

Suggested posts