Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constantly Lagging/Buffering/Pausing EVEN IN OFFLINE MODE

Constantly Lagging/Buffering/Pausing EVEN IN OFFLINE MODE

This started happening yesterday, before that Spotify has been good to me.

All of a sudden a track hits about 30-40% through, it starts to pause. Sporatically it will start stopping very frequently, almost like its buffering. Problem is, my internet is solid and the app on my phone works perfectly. 

I downloaded a playlist to try it in offline mode, the same thing happens. Disconnected my Wi-Fi to ensure no network participation from the client, music played fine until about 40% in and it started happening again. 

Tried reinstalling, didn't resolve the issue.

On a MacBook Pro 2014 15inch Retina with i7 running OSX Yosemite. 

Thanks.

14 Replies

Oddly enough, I've experienced this some on my phone, almost exactly like you describe, but never on the desktop. Interesting that your situation is the complete opposite of mine. Is it always a different song, or do you find certain songs having the same problems when listening again?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Its not localized to certain songs. Its literally almost every song and it happens at about the same progress (30-40%) through the song each time.

Its very strange indeed. I think it might have something to do with the latest update to Yosemite, because that's when I first started having problems. Could be a conflict with the audio codec of somesort, but I don't know enough about audio encoding to comment on that.

It'd be nice to have a mod take a look at this post because I'm sure I can't be the only one experiencing this problem.

Okay, thanks for the additional info. I will pass this post around and see if anybody else might have run into a similar issue. I haven't been able to dig up any related topics around here, but hopefully, we can get this worked out soon.

dinomightSpotify Star

@dinomight wrote:

Okay, thanks for the additional info. I will pass this post around and see if anybody else might have run into a similar issue. I haven't been able to dig up any related topics around here, but hopefully, we can get this worked out soon.

Appreciate it very much man. Thank you.

Also good to note that it happens with radio as well. 

Great, any additional info helps a lot! I'm glad you mentioned Yosemite, because I found a thread right after I posted regarding some users having issues with that OS (some can't even get Spotify to start apparently). Still going to pass this along, because I'm not seeing any kind of solution yet, but you might follow this thread as well.

dinomightSpotify Star

The same thing started happening yesterday for me. I am using an I-pad. Does anyone have an update about this issue or a solution?

I'm having the same issue, and I'm also on Yosemite. VERY annoying, I can hardly use Spotify at all. Contacted support a week ago, still no reply. 😞

I'm also running MacBook Pro 2014 15inch retina with i7 running OSX Yosemite. After running Spotify for about 5 or 10 minutes (sometimes less) the sound starts to skip like crazy; like a helicopter blade is chopping the song to pieces. This happens whether I am on online or offline mode.

Hello, I'm using El Capitan, with a premium account, and I have the same problem here. When playing it randomly pauses and start again, with 5-10 second of reproduction, then pauses again. Then the pause is 1, 2 seconds at most. I don't need to click on the play button, it restart itself, every time, but its very frustrating.

I tried to reinstall spotify, check my connection and logged out from the website but nothing worked. What can I do?

Same here... 

I guess Spotify is not working anymore and we must find alternative solutions?

@user-removed @1187799202

Have you tried downgrading to a previous version? Maybe that could fix the problem. Or, how about trying the new beta. It could have that issue solved.

Check these download links:

Windows: https://download.spotify.com/beta/spotify_installer-1.0.26.134.g75df59f3-29.exe

OS X: https://download.spotify.com/beta/spotify-app-1.0.26.134.g75df59f3-30.dmg

osorniosSpotify Star

Same bug on my Samsung S5 Neo Android latest.

Has recently started skipping/lagging on my s8+...i uninstalled..logged out everywhere. Cleaned and scanned my phone  reinstalled...only to have it happen again. Halp! I feel like im wasting 14.99 a month for this annoyance.

The same thing would happen to me. My song would sometimes pause for no apparent reason and whenever I would try to play it once more, it tends to lag.

Suggested posts