Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Copy Song Link blasts full volume previews of songs instead of interacting with desktop app

Copy Song Link blasts full volume previews of songs instead of interacting with desktop app

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop Application

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I share tunes with workmates through Slack. I choose Share > Copy Song Link and send that through. This creates a preview pane of the song with a play button. Clicking the play button on a preview pane (see attachment if you're clueless) plays a clip of the song FULL BLAST as though it does not know I have the desktop app opened. Previously, it would start the song on the open desktop app. Now my ears are bleeding because there's no volume control on these previews, which aren't supposed to be previewing (unless this is intended, which is true lunacy.)

Suggested Solution:
When you click to play in these previews, it should check to see if you:

A) Are already logged in to the web app
or

B) Already have the desktop app open

If either of these are true, play the freaking song, and never blast a preview. Oh god my ears!

thisisthepreview.jpg
1 Reply

Yes, this just scared**bleep** out of me. The whole Spotify/Slack integration has been totally FUBAR the last month or so. And I just blew out my eardrums on a preview. Does anyone know if this is a Spotify issue or a Slack issue? Or are we just going to all point fingers at each other?

Suggested posts