Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cover Art missing on Apple TV when streaming via Airfoil from Mac

Cover Art missing on Apple TV when streaming via Airfoil from Mac

Hi,
lately Spotify on my Mac no longer shows albun cover art on my Apple TV when streaming to it via Airfoil.
This has worked fine in the past. Running On OS X Yosemite.
The developers at Rogue Amoeba said that tis is not an Airfoil problem and was introduced with a new Spotify version.
Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards
cloudairplayer
11 Replies

I'm having the same issue and was told the same thing from Rogue.  When is this going to be addressed Spotify?

I am having the same issue and it is strange that nobody is responding to this!

thx for helping out to solve this annoying isue. with itunes all is ok. cover art is displayed.

BTW if have exactly the same issue with the remoteless app on ios. all metadata is displayed but the cover art is black. So i am convinced it is has to do with spotify. 

downgrade to 0.9.15.27 and everything works like a charm. it is a pitty, spotify can't fix it in the newer version.

Same problem here. I was not sure if it was an Airfoil or Spotify problem But this failed after an Spotify update so makes sense.

I hope to get this fixed on the next Spotify update...

Same problem here. Fix spotify!!!

Downgraded but then lost Spotify Connect functionality. 

Almost half a year and lots of updates later and Spotify did no fix this problem. Very deceived. 😞

Indeed the issue is still the same. Every time I go back to old release, somehow I end up days or weeks later with a newer release of Spotify. And yes OBVIOUSLY IT DOES NOT WORK AGAIN. I am seriously doubt the quality of the developers at Spotify. If it takes so long to repair something so trivial, I am considering leaving it and go over to other music provider. If Spotify have the arrogance to not solve annoying issues why would we bother to stay member ?

I am having problem with 4th gen Apple TV not streaming artwork when streaming Spotify from iPhone 6. Worked fine with gen 3 apple tv. Help!

I have the same problem, which still has not been fixed.  I suspect Spotify is intentionally ignoring this problem, perhaps because of some agreement with regard to proprietary rights in the album art.  In any event, it is a huge drag that the album art no longer transmits to remote speakers.

This issue has been solved. Currently running Spotify 1.0.23.90 for Desktop (Mac).

However, Cover Art shows only in very low resolution on Apple TV or Airfoil Satellite.

It's sometimes so blurry, that you can't read the text on the covers.

Wow! After a long time is great to see the covert art working again on Airfoil and AppleTV. I'm trying it now on version 1.0.24.104 on OSX El Capitan and is working great.

I've noticed that the cover art resolution issue happens only on some covers. Other's show much better resolution. I think this is simple that some are stored on Spotify data base with different resolutions and the effect is seen when watching the covers on big screens like the AppleTV. Check for example the song "Memories of You" by "Carol Weisman" it looks nice even on the AppleTV.

Anyway is nice to see it fixed! 🙂

Suggested posts