Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashes on Launch - macOS Catalina 10.15

Solved!

Crashes on Launch - macOS Catalina 10.15

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Air 2015

Operating System

MacOS Catalina 10.15

Date

20th October 2019

My Question or Issue

Spotify has been crashing on launch for about a week now. It started about when I updated my laptop to MacOS Catalina 10.15 and now it just crashes every time I try to open it. I have got Spotify 3 (the newest version I think?) and have tried redownloading it but it hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ghost17@rafe_c-r@georgeggg & @Code_Quad,

Could you add your +VOTE and details in this Ongoing Issue thread?

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Guys! I found my solution, If the spoti solution doesn't work try this.

Reinstall spoti, then turn of the mac's virtual keyboard. When i use the virtual keyboard, spoti doesn't work. After i exit from the keyboard app, spoti workin' fine... (lol)

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Same here. Spotify crashes when launched or after the first click.

Premium subscription

Canada

MacOS Catalina Version 10.15

IMac 5K 27 inch late 2015

Newest version of Spotify for Mac

October 8, 2019

I have restarted, turn my Mac on and off. Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify from downloading from your website. Create a new volume on my SSD and fresh installed macOS Catalina and installed spotify again but have the same problems. As a sidenote same thing happens with google chrome.

I am having the same issue.

iMac mid 2014

Catalina 10.15

I´ve got the same issues. Can´t install spotify since the 20th of october. The browser downloads the "Installer" but it fails eveytime. 

I tried all the guided steps several times, but nothing helps. 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) 

MacOS Catalina 10.15

Spotify Premium 

Germany 

Marked as solution

Hey @Ghost17@rafe_c-r@georgeggg & @Code_Quad,

Could you add your +VOTE and details in this Ongoing Issue thread?

Thanks 🙂

Same for me, Catalina tho!!!! URGH

Yep, have restarted the device a few times and it hasn't worked. Cleaned the caches and redownloaded Spotify (Spotify-4 is the newest I think?).

I am using a MacBook Air Early 2015 11 inch and the most recent update, MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.

I have seen that other thread and upvoted so hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Same problem on high Sierra 10.13.6 with the latest security update 2019-006. My iMac mid 2010 can't have Mojave or Catalina but the problem is new since version 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9 of Spotify. We can't revert back with an older version.

After a clean reinstall with appcleaner, it appears when i sign in witch my premium credentials once reinstalled.

Hi!

I did the restart, reinstall too, and i worked for 3-4 days but now the crash here again. I do not want to restart the mac every time when it crashing... 

This is my info:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

MacOS Catalina 10.15.1

And i using a newest version of spoti.

Please solve this problem!

UPDATE:
It wont work after restart!

Used Clearmymac and cache delete. Wont work....

Marked as solution

Guys! I found my solution, If the spoti solution doesn't work try this.

Reinstall spoti, then turn of the mac's virtual keyboard. When i use the virtual keyboard, spoti doesn't work. After i exit from the keyboard app, spoti workin' fine... (lol)

Don't need reinstall of spotify. When it crashes, just remove virtual keyboard and reopen spotify. Thanks for useful message. Either apple or spotify must fix this annoying bug.

Trond, Norway

..cause restart the virtual keyboard and spotty shuts down pretty quick!

Regards Trond

I found a solution.

The problem came from "antidote" menubar.

go to antidote AgentConnectix preferences menu bar > contextual menu > options 

and choose "spotify app" to exclude by clicking +

Hope this help

I had the same problem, but un-installing and re-installing the app solved it. The app works again!

why does this take so long. .. . . [64b mac desktop-app] ] why. .. .

I'm having the exact same issue for the past month. Latest OS, latest Spotify app on a mac book pro 2014. Every time I open it it shutdown the computer.

Suggested posts