Mac Book Pro Late 2016

Operating System:

OS X El Capitan

Issue

- As a Spotify User
- When I have enabled crossfade on my Spotify
- And I fast forward a song
- It starts playing at an arbitrary time
- I suspect this is because it's trying to do some smart beat-matching.

Expected Result
- As a Spotify User
- When I have enabled crossfade on my Spotify
- And I fast forward a song

- And I have not enabled smart beat matching (or crossfade on FFWD?)

- The next song starts at the beginning

Steps to reproduce:
- I was listening to the Drum & Bass Fix Playlist
- My crossfade songs was set to 3 seconds
- Move song to some arbitrary time in the track

- Fast forward the song
- Rinse + repeat
- Observe songs starting at arbitrary times.

For me, this violates the POLS - not sure how you folks feel about it.

See gif for more context: https://imgur.com/a/fPYNWqU

Thanks!

6 Replies

Hey @TorakFirenze,

Are you still experiencing this? Is this only happening with one playlist? If so, let us know its URI and we'l have a closer look.

Thanks! 🙂

I'm having the same issue. I don't have crossfading enabled, and I tried enabling it and setting it to 0 seconds, but it keeps crossfading an fast-forwarding the song to some random time.

This is a playlist where it happens for example: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX6J5NfMJS675?si=sk-TH0hgRzOwnUilvgYbbA

Hello!

This seems to be something new or experimental by Spotify. There's already an idea posted to add an option to turn this sort of crossfading off.

As a workaround I think you might be able to turn this crossfading off by disabling gapless playback and restarting the app but I can't guarantee that it'll work .

Not sure where to find gapless playback, nor do I consider this a solution to the issue - it's a [potential] workaround. 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion all the same!

Hey! Thanks for the response.

Haven't actually enabled crossfade since I reported this as it was bugging me - but this was the playlist I was listening to:

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DWYzMfRQj22Nd

I'm having this issue as well, so far it's just on any of my playlists. Sometimes I don't notice it though.

My issue is when a playlist plays, when it moves to the next song it wont start at the start of the song. today it was at 1min 18seconds when i noticed it. If I press to go the next song manually this issue doesn't occur.

I've experienced this issue accross all my devices; my mac, my iphone, my ipad, browser playback - on google chrome, and on windows desktop player.

I haven't noticed the issue on songs I've downloaded on my devices though.

I don't have crossfade on my mobile devices, I don't know how to find the setting on my desktop and mac apps and I haven't tried on the browser playback. I do know i never had crossfade turned on though.

Is there a solution to this? It's ruining the whole spotify experience for me.

Suggested posts