Daily Drive Without the News?

Daily Drive Without the News?

Music Fan

So maybe this is an odd question but I really enjoy the music selection I'm getting in the daily drive. I listen to radio rock/metal/metalcore/pop/etc, and my daily mixes have only ever covered 1 genre per mix. With the daily mix, I get a little of everything along with songs I don't have. That said, I have 0 interest in the news and just skip it whenever it pops on. Is there some playlist or setting I'm missing somewhere to get a mix similar to the daily drive with just music so I don't have to hop on Spotify and skip it every few songs?

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Daily Drive Without the News?

Composer

Hi Palidino,

I don't think there's a setting you're missing, but you could eliminte all the news segments at once by going to your queue (the symbol with three lines with the play button). There, you can select all the news segments (cmd+click each one on Mac) and then remove them from queue by right-clicking or ctrl+clicking on any selected song and then click "remove from queue." 

Hope this helps! 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Unfortunately, they get re-added once the song changes.

Highlighted

Composer

Hi Palidino,

That shouldn't be happening. Are you by any chance re-shuffling the playlist after removing the news from the queue? If so, this will add them back into the queue. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

I go to your daily drive, click play, click the queue, remove the news, and just let it play. They re-appear in the queue without me doing anything else with spotify.

Highlighted

Composer

Hey @Palidino,

Thanks for the clarification. Does this only happen on desktop, or is it happening if you remove them from the queue on mobile as well? 

A couple of things to try: 

-restart the app

-restart the device 

-log out of your account and then back in (either on the app or logging out of all devices via your Spotify account page)

-clean reinstall of the app

If none of these help, we'll go from there. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

I don't really use Spotify on mobile, mostly just Mac/Alexa. I'll give your suggestions a try though.

Highlighted

Stop puting news in my daily drive!!!

Visitor

I don't pay a premium membership to have NEWS in my music playlists!!! At the bare minimum give me a way to disable news content when suggesting new songs for my daily drive.

Its very ANNOYING!

Highlighted

Re: Stop puting news in my daily drive!!!

Visitor
Agreed, getting slapped with news is extremely frustrating – esp from the same angle over and over.
SUGGESTED POSTS