Premium

Country

Germany

Device

MacBook Pro mid 2014

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

When playing the Daily Drive playlist on the desktop app on my MacBook, the news podcasts will not play at all. When playing the list, anything but the intro and the songs will be skipped immediately. When selecting a news podcast directly, the UI (prev, pause and next buttons) will grey out and no music/podcast will play until I select a different song manually.

I can play these podcasts just fine both on other devices and on the web player on the same MacBook.

However, when having the app open on both MacBook and iPhone, I can start the playlist on the iOS app while selecting the MacBook as the device to play on, which will play the podcasts just fine, even after closing the iOS app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @gammabl1tz

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @gammabl1tz

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts