Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix scrambled at each "love" or "dislike"

Solved!

Daily Mix scrambled at each "love" or "dislike"

Hi all,

Since a few days ago, any "Daily Mix" (I have 6 of them now) changes entirely (even the list of songs previously played, which is entirely odd and plainly wrong) at each "love" and "dislike". What is worse is that the underlying queue seems unchanged, while title and song displayed by all devices I'm using are the ones displayed by the UI after the scrambling.

To clarify, say that I'm listening to a Primus song and I hit the "love" icon when the next song would have been a Queens of the Stoge Age track. The overall playlist will change, displaying for instance a System of a Down song after the Primus one I'm playing. In that case, after the Primus song I will start hearing the QOTSA song while all devices would display the SOAD details.

Moreover, if I'm listening the first song in a Daily Mix and I hit "love", in all the scrambling that occurs that song will go much further down in the playlist, preceded by a new list of songs that I haven't actually listened to.

This is clearly a bug, and it must be server side as it didn't start with any specific client update and the mismatch is visible in all devices connected (4 in total, see details below).

Moreover, "loves" do not "stick" anymore, but this issue has been around for longer.

Thanks on advance for your help and feedback.

Cheers,

Giovanni

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, Bose SoundTouch

Operating System

iOS, MacOS

My Question or Issue

Daily Mixes are visibly buggy and not working anymore as expected.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again,

I've just noticed that also dislikes work fine now. I got confused by what turns out to be only a UI glitch, because when disliking the playlist gets scrolled down by quite a few lines but overall it doesn't get scrambled. Probably the ultimate solution would be to have a behaviour similar to "Discover Weekly", where disliked songs are not entirely removed but only greyed out. Otherwise, deletion is also fine but anyway there's no point in having that excessive scroll.

Anyhow, I'll now mark this issue as resolved, thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @gioprimus.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

This does sound like an issue specific to your account, since it's happening across a number of different devices.

The best thing to do is to get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to help you out with creating a new account, transferring all your content from the old to the new account, and then closing your old account.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes, and if you have any other questions, we’ll be right here 🙂

Thanks Peter for your feedback.

I must say that all of a sudden the problem vanished for "likes" and it improved for "dislikes". Now "likes" are sticky and don't scramble daily mixes, while the "dislikes" do scramble playlists but at least the next song playing after the dislike matches the one displayed on screen.

To be fair I have so many offline songs downloaded on my 256GB iPhone that restarting with a new account seems to be too drastic to me...

As proven by the improved behaviour with my account, this is surely some sort of bug that the Spotify engineers have already partially fixed without needing any action from me.

I'll reach out to support, but still in order to ask for this bug to be finally fixed rather than restarting from scratch with a new account.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Marked as solution

Hello again,

I've just noticed that also dislikes work fine now. I got confused by what turns out to be only a UI glitch, because when disliking the playlist gets scrolled down by quite a few lines but overall it doesn't get scrambled. Probably the ultimate solution would be to have a behaviour similar to "Discover Weekly", where disliked songs are not entirely removed but only greyed out. Otherwise, deletion is also fine but anyway there's no point in having that excessive scroll.

Anyhow, I'll now mark this issue as resolved, thanks again!

Suggested posts