Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes are regular playlists

Solved!

Daily Mixes are regular playlists

I may be posting this on the Mac forum but this is happening on all of my devices including my MacBook Pro Retina. My other devices that I have Spotify Premium are my iPad Pro 2018, my iPhone 8 Plus and my iPhone 6S Plus. So today I was browsing my Spotify like normal, and I went to see what Spotify was suggesting in my Daily Mixes and I noticed that they turned into regular playlist where you can follow them and download them instead of the usual, at least what I'm used to being a long term user of this service, endless mixes that the Daily Mixes provided me. Im glad to still have all 6 of my Mixes (yes I do listen to a lot of music within a few genres as you will see in the screenshots) with stuff that I like from them but I am not a fan of them being transformed into finite regular playlists since the limitless aspect of them is what made me not only love this feature, but made me start listening to Spotify in general more and let me see how my tastes have evolved over time. Is there a way that I can have my daily mixes "fixed" aka go back to their original limitless state? I'm not happy about this change if it is indeed a new thing and I feel like spotify is like deezer with their finite flow playlists if this is indeed a new thing sadly. Any help

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 1.58.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 1.57.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 1.57.55 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm on our end that this is not an issue, and this is the intended behaviour of Daily Mix.

Now, Daily Mixes will be refreshed on a daily basis and will contain 50 songs each. If you have Autoplay enabled in your Settings, a playlist radio will be generated which will mimic the endless quality of the old Daily Mixes.

Feel free to leave your feedback in this idea (Revert Daily Mixes to Continuous Play).

Just to follow up on what @eltoch said, this feature has been gradually rolling out to all users, so some users might have been seeing this behaviour for a few months already.

Let us know if you have any questions about the above.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey! Thanks for reaching out!

Spotify is always trying to make their interface better for the userbase, so they test out new features pretty often! You can read more about that here.

Spotify's Daily Mix feature has been like this for some time now, and while we don't get unlimited playlists, there are enough songs every day to keep you occupied all day 🙂 You can read up more about this feature in this article!

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

I have the same problem, albeit in a different platform. For me all this started since April/May. Back then it was the same as described in this thread. Then it worked and now it's not working again (for like a week now). I have to say that I dislike this kind of playlist for daily mixes, sadly.

I fully agree with you and I am glad that I'm not the only one with this issue so thanks for making me not feel alone lol. I've had the thing where the daily mixes completely disappear from the home and "for you" pages and all but this whole thing is completely new to me and it's very annoying. I also dislike this type of daily mixes and I hope that Spotify returns the daily mixes the way that they used to be.

Spotify Daily Mix was not like this until this week (at least for me). I play my playlists everyday and I noticed it actually stopped. I appreciate the ingenuity but there should be an option to change it back to the radio setting instead of playlist. They both play the same songs just the radio is endless. Thanks

Hey

Is there anyway we can give feedback on this feature please?

I loved the way the Daily Mixes used to be!  I felt as if there was a much bigger range and now it seems my mixes have genres overlapping where previously it seemed to be pretty spot on and I had a different genre for each mix.

Missing the old way 😞

Thanks

@eltoch wrote:

Spotify's Daily Mix feature has been like this for some time now, and while we don't get unlimited playlists, there are enough songs every day to keep you occupied all day 🙂

That is exactly what it hasn't been. Up until recently (this week), they were endless playlists that refreshed as you kept listening. Now they're all locked to 50 songs, so "occupied all day" isn't quite true when they end up being 3-4 hours long instead of endless. 

I am having the same issue and this only began earlier this week. I, too, listen to my Daily Mix every day at work and am now being forced to change my music after a few hours instead of just letting it do its thing for the day.

Same issue. I do not like the new finite playlists. They defeat the point of the mix. Are there plans to reintroduce the old style? 

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm on our end that this is not an issue, and this is the intended behaviour of Daily Mix.

Now, Daily Mixes will be refreshed on a daily basis and will contain 50 songs each. If you have Autoplay enabled in your Settings, a playlist radio will be generated which will mimic the endless quality of the old Daily Mixes.

Feel free to leave your feedback in this idea (Revert Daily Mixes to Continuous Play).

Just to follow up on what @eltoch said, this feature has been gradually rolling out to all users, so some users might have been seeing this behaviour for a few months already.

Let us know if you have any questions about the above.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Hey there

Thanks for getting back to me!

I do appreciate the new Daily Mixes are now refreshed playlists and you can do a playlist radio, but it seems the genres are mixed up?

I used to enjoy the fact I had 6 different types of music in each of the mixes but a few incorrect artists/genres seem to have mixed in with my others. That’s the biggest thing for me I think.

Thanks again:)

Suggested posts