Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deeplink to track doesn't work on multi disc album if track resides on disc other than disc 1

Deeplink to track doesn't work on multi disc album if track resides on disc other than disc 1

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2014

Operating System

Mac OS 10.15.1 

My Question or Issue

Deeplink to track doesn't work on multi disc album if track resides on disc other than disc 1. E.g.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7ndGFo9nZ108KPgXtfYWCe?si=a1ddcec10ffb4e9d&nd=1

Note - this work FINE on mobile.

Works fine in browser. If I click the Open Spotify button in my browser it then goes to the parent album and instead of playing track 6 on disc 4 - which is what it should do, it plays track 6 on disc 1 - even though it also highlights track 6 on disc 4!

This is a problem, not just because the client doesn't work as it should, but also because it prevents the search API from working and playing the client.

M

1 Reply

Hey there @JonThePon

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

On another note, we'd like to know if this only happens with the song you mentioned or you can replicate the issue with other ones as well. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts