Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Local Files - Mac OSX

Delete Local Files - Mac OSX

The local files section of my Spotify app is filled with "files" that I cannot play or remove. I have tried clearing the Cache, unselecting local storage options, removing files from application support, and reinstalling the app. None of these options cleared the list of files in the Local Files section, which makes me think it's not a list stored on my local machine. I just want to empty the list so I can rebuild it again. Can someone help me with this?

3 Replies

Hey there,

Sorry for your issue. Could you try the steps below:

1. From settings, remove all local file folders added and uncheck all checkboxes.

Schermata 2018-11-10 alle 16.05.36.png

2. Create (or select if exists) a new folder on any location on your computer and add all the songs you want to add in there.

3. Select the created folder by clicking the Add a Source button at Settings.

That's it, let me know of what you get.

Im having the same problem, afraid this doesnt remove the ghost files but nows adds to it. 

When you delete something from a computer it doesn't actally get removed it just removes the files source and where the computer can find the files and that seems to be the case with the Spotify applications that files arn't there but Spotify hasn't recognized that yet and the list is still there I am having a similar issue on my Mac Desktop still waiting for an update to fix it 🙂

Suggested posts