Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted music!

Deleted music!

Hi,

I've noticed for a long time now, tracks are dissapearing from my playlists. Mostly I notice it soon enough, but I guess a lot of music is just lost now for good because I just didn't notice. 

Is there any way to see which songs aren't available anymore in your playlists? Because most of the time it's just an EP which changed their album cover or something. It's never really gone from Spotify...

4 Replies

Hello there,

Click Edit > Preferences : scroll at the bottom of the preferences page. In the Display section enable (green) "Show unvailable tracks in playlists"

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @RobinzMusic and welcome to the community!

In addition to what @Soundofus said, there is any number of reasons that a song or album may be missing.

Due to certain copyright restrictions and legal requirements, Spotify may not always have every song available for listening. Songs and albums are generally removed or not allowed to be added because of a request from either the artist or the recording company.

Is there something missing that you were expecting to see? Go ahead and submit a request here to find out about missing content.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@RobinzMusic

When you see songs greyed out in a playlist, to check if the album is still available in certain country (but not yours) or totally removed from Spotify follow this :

1 ) In the column ALBUM : right click on the title and select : Copy Spotify url

2 ) Open this link : http://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability/#0KJYApJRtacNp8YtIBiVJL

3 ) Paste the Spotify url in the search box and click search

4 ) You will get a view of the availability of the album, single song or EP missing from one artist.

Note : this doesn't work with albums compilations of different artists

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wauw, many thanks all. It's mostly classical music which was missing, but luckily it's still available by other players! 🙂

Suggested posts