Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting Local Files

Deleting Local Files

Hi,

I am a premium user with 13,000+ local files.  These are stored on a drive connected to my Mac (Catalina macOS 10.15.7).

I presume from several posts that there is a limit of 10,000 files, and that that is the reason that new files I add do not play on other devices.  I get a 'song not downloaded' error when I try to do so.

My question is how do I delete 3,000+ local files?

3 Replies

Hey there @mgw2,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

There is not possible to remove individual local files in the desktop app, it will always pull in all the tracks that are in the source folder.

If you'd like to remove your local files we suggest you head over to this thread and check out the solution.

The limit you're talking about probably refers to the synced devices, which require downloading - so that would be the 10,000 limit. If you added their local files to a playlist to download it, it should be possible to remove individual songs from there.

We also suggest that you take a look at how to sync local files to other devices here

We hope this information was helpful.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away 🙂

Take care and happy 2021!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy,

Tks for the reply.  It makes sense when I think about it that you can't delete selected tracks; you see every track that is in the folder or folders that are selected from Settings>Local Files>Show Songs From.  In my case, I had selected my entire iTunes library.

As an alternative to deleting the .bnk file, I

1. un-selected the iTunes folder in Settings>Local Files>Show Songs From.  
  2. created a new folder on my hard drive and copied/pasted just those files I wanted to add to my Spotify playlist (ie those that are not in the vast Spotify library).  
  3. added that folder location to Settings>Local Files>Show Songs From, and
  4. did a drag and drop of those files from Local Files to the destination playlist.

Happy now.

Hey @mgw2,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Glad to hear that the workaround you tried worked out and you can play your songs.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts