Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AV X1300W no sound with Spotify Connect - SOLUTION

Denon AV X1300W no sound with Spotify Connect - SOLUTION

I would like to share a solution to having no sound despite having a connection through Spotify Connect and despite showing that the app is actually playing the track - but with no sound as said. So far not a single forum entry showed me any work around to fix this - so maybe you find this helpful: If you hear no sound but Spotify is playing (I had the same problem on both iPhone 8 and Mac El Capitan) switch your receiver to "Online Radio" and you will probably hear the radio playing with sound; go then to Spotify and connect again through the App to Spotify Connect and start playing. Voila, suddenly it worked. This is very strange but I have sound again.

4 Replies

I own a Denon AVR-X2300W and every so often it happens that Spotify won't play. I never found a good solution other than waiting for it to miraculous start working again. Your solution worked directly, so thanks for sharing.

My AVR-S760H does this... I'll open the Spotify desktop app and select my Denon receiver as the speaker and the sound does not switch to the receiver. Usually the song keeps playing on Spotify but I don't hear anything unless I switch back to the PC speakers.

The Denon display shows "Spotify" (the input is HEOS Music) and the desktop app shows the song is playing but there is no audio. I can change the volume from the desktop app and I see it changing on the Denon. I can switch to playing from the PC speakers and the audio comes back.

The only solution I have found its to hard reboot the Denon receiver with the power button. I push the button to turn it off then turn it back on. This pauses the Spotify playback so I go back to my desktop app and press Play... now I can hear it through my Denon speakers.

Hey folks,

Thank you for bringing this up to the community.

The integration with some Devon devices it's not fully supported by Spotify. The proper function of the app can't be guaranteed in unsupported devices.

You can check the supported device looking for the reference here.

We appreciate the feedback mentioned and the workaround process suggested by @georgestreeter, you can give it a try.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks so much for posting this. Had this issue for the first time and it's been bugging me for the last days and your solution immediately worked!

Suggested posts