Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Mac High Sierra

My Question or Issue

Desktop app keeps crashing after about 20 seconds. I have updated and re-installed the app and my Apple software and have restarted my computer 4 times. Very frustrating. PLEASE HELP. 

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

Could you also try it on another user account on your Mac to see if that helps? 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I've been having this same issue for about the past week....but on the Windows client.  Never had an issue before this...haven't made any changes or had any updates.

It does eventually work.  I just have to start the app about 10 times before one finally sticks.

Suggested posts