Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 2018)

Operating System

10.13.6 High Sierra

My Question or Issue

I use spotify at work and prefer to use the desktop app over the web client. I did not have the ability to use the mac app until I realized I could add proxy information in Advanced Settings. Once i did that everything worked fine.

As of about a week ago spotify no longer plays music through the desktop app. The log in works, the app loads up and shows all the appropriate playlists on the Home and Browse sections. None of my library appears and no songs appear when I try to select a playlist or album from new releases. 

empty playlists

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.30.02 PM.png

new release album with songs (no playing)

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.56.33 PM.png

I have tried reinstalling, I have tried re-entering my proxy settings. I have tried signing out and signing back in. I have no idea what is left to try to make this work. It does not even say the typical 'this device is offline'. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Scevey !

The issue you are experiencing with the desktop app is a known one and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. There is a workaround described there which seems to be fixing the issue for most of the users. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

I wish you a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Scevey !

The issue you are experiencing with the desktop app is a known one and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. There is a workaround described there which seems to be fixing the issue for most of the users. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

I wish you a nice day 🙂

Glad to hear I am not the only one. I tried searching around for similar situations but I would often find posts where spotify does not open at all or it crashes. Basically some other variation that matched my search terms in some way.

Ill give the steps in that thread a shot. 

Thanks!

Suggested posts