Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop For Spotify on Mac Not Working

Desktop For Spotify on Mac Not Working

I went to use the app on Desktop and got a blank screen. I am currently using a Macbook Pro 2018 with macOS Big Sur Version 11.1 

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app but its still not working. I have tried other ways such as deleting the hosts but still nothing. The web player on google chrome is working.  How do I get the Desktop version working again? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook Pro late 2018

Operating System

macOS Big Sur

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 9.41.41 PM.png
3 Replies

Hey there @rasheedkassam,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It can also be good to try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family members and see if anything changes?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

So I have followed the instructions and reinstalled the Spotify Desktop for Mac. As I log in it doesn't allow me to. What do I do? I currently have Spotify Premium. I however installed Spotify on a different network that allowed me to get to this point. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.33.35 AM.png

Hi there @rasheedkassam,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try to connect your computer to another network like a mobile Hotspot and let us know if you get the same results.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts