Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop Mac App Performance is absolutely atrocious

Desktop Mac App Performance is absolutely atrocious

Hi Spotify,

This has been going on far too long. The persistant cache building and reindexing/rebuilding is rendering my desktop app almost useless. I have to go and find the folder, wipe it and restart Spotify manually.

This quick fix worked for a while, but it's less effective now. 

Loading up Spotify on El Capitain can take up to 10-20 minutes per day as it tries to load friend activity and the central panel. I can play music, but can't see albums or search. As I type the friend activity has now loaded after 10 mins but the browser still doesn't work - blank.

You need an overhaul of this desktop app, because it clearly doesn't work anymore.

3 Replies

No replies, and also your forum has been hacked. Looking good.

Same thing here,

Since High Sierra update, I can't even scroll without frozing during the scroll, I click on the Play/Pause button, the music play/pause accordingly but the button doesn't change its appearance.

During scroll, the spotify app and helper take up to 45 % of my Core i7 processor. it seems quite excessive for listening some music!

The spotify is not usable in those conditions !

No response from Spotify.

Without clearing the cache (which doesn't really matter), it seems that the more playlists and devices you have, the more load time to get all the data.

I fired up Spotify Mac Desktop at 9am this morning, and it is still completely unresponsive at 10.39am. The web player is fine.

You have a problem with your app, Spotify. You need to sort this out.

Suggested posts