Desktop (Mac) search not working

user-removed
Not applicable

Plan - Premium

Country - UK 

Device - Macbook Pro (early 2016)

Operating System - latest OSX

My Question or Issue

This has been a problem for me for months now...

Whenever I type something into the search bar on the desktop spotify app, there is absolutely no response - just a blank page.

I have restarted spotify, restarted my laptop, deleted every spotify related file on my computer then reinstalled spotify, updated my laptop and updated spotify multiple times over the months I have had this problem... and still the search does not work.

My internet connection is fine - I can see artist pages by clicking on their name within my playlist, and I can also search for songs within my playlist, however the search bar at the top does not work at all.

I've had this problem for too long now and it's starting to annoy me a lot. Please help!

4 Replies

Re: Desktop (Mac) search not working

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Have you tried to sign in with another Spotify account or creating another user account and installing Spotify there to see if that helps?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

Ok, so it works when I sign in on another account, but it doesn't work on my account.

Is there any reason this would be happening?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @user-removed,

Apologies for the late reply :)

Could you try this on another device with similar specs if this occurs when he signs with this account?

Please make sure you have all latest updates installed. Latest macOS version is macOS Mojave 10.14 and for Spotify it is 1.0.90.268.ga8a0ceb4.

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

My spotify and OSX are on the latest version.

Search works on my iPhone but not on my mac.

I really don't understand why this is happening.

SUGGESTED POSTS