[Desktop] Music plays and pauses constantly after recent update

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro late 2018

Operating System

macOS Catalina 

My Question or Issue

Hi, I've found that after updating to the latest version (1.1.31.703.g256add22) music constantly plays and pauses quickly. Video linked for reference, as I could not upload it because .mp4's are not supported for whatever reason. https://youtu.be/oV4BLVTqQaA

Thanks 🙂

5 Replies

Hi @liamnacs 

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Thanks so much for that video, it's super useful.

I'd like to try a reinstall of Spotify if that sounds good to you? It may sound simple but this article can help, it makes sure you remove other files to make sure it's a complete reinstall.

Reinstall Spotify

Give me a shout if this works!

Hi, thanks for your response, this didn't seem to work, sadly. It only seemed to happen after the latest update. 

Ah, fixed it. The issue was an app which I must have accidentally opened called 'Spotify Notifications'. Quitting that helped, I don't know how. Thanks for the assistance!

Great, glad you got it solved @liamnacs!

Stay safe.

Hey @liamnacs,

Happy to hear you've solved this 🙂

I'm just joining @Tom to add that you can always double-check (and eventually remove) the access of any third-party apps to your Spotify account by following the info here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a good (and a safe) day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts