Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] too many updates

[Desktop][Other] too many updates

Too many updates on the mac OS desktop app and to update the app I have to restart the app, this is annoying when there are so many updates in a short time and because I use Spotify while working I don't want to restart the app every time I got a new update.

(just thinking out loud but perhaps, there is someone else who feels the same)

8 Replies

Hey there @kevinmora94

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on the right people here at Spotify.

We're sorry to hear that the updates are affecting your experience with the app but we're always trying to better our service via regular improvements. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I opened my laptop this morning after the weekend, blue dot to update. Did the update in the morning at around 10, 2 hours later blue dot to update again. This is getting a bit out of hand. It's quite frustrating now to have to restart the app every single day, or even twice a day now for updates.

Yea, agreed - I wish it could update itself without you needing to restart it like Chrome and Firefox seem to do. It's every day sometimes.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for your comments!

Our developers are currently looking for direct user feedback from the last Desktop update. You can head over to this Thread to learn more and leave your comments on what appeals to you and what you think can be improved in future releases.

Hope you find this useful 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, the frequency of updates is Very Irritating.

Imagine paying developers millions of dollars a year to do an app that needs updating every 12 hours to have worse experience than a shitty electron clone, made by a guy in their free time. Imagine what a dumb company you have to be to let this happen.... Not even a good use of their own API. This is a joke, I'm so tired of this, and i can't switch apps, because Apple Music shared system is completelly stupid. What a joke of a company...

And the best is that they send us to the desktop app thread and all they are talking about is about a change in the look and feel, but is full of bugs that you encounter each time you think that you can use the desktop app for anything other than listening to music... the app is the same every time we have to update it twice a day, could you please just stop that???!!!!!!!!!

Please let me live stream a life in the day of a developer from the desktop team, I want to see how one of those earns his money... like for real...

It is a music app not a Bank. Stop the hourly useless updates as it is getting extremely annoying!!!!! Leave the APP as it is.

why so many updates!!!!.... unbelievable!!! 

Suggested posts