Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Corner album cover and full-screen minimization

[Desktop][Playlists] Corner album cover and full-screen minimization

I have two major complaints regarding the desktop version of Spotify. For reference, I have a Macbook and I keep Spotify open in full-screen and I four-finger swipe between my apps in full-screen:

1) It used to be that you could see the album cover of the song you were listening to in the bottom lefthand corner of the window. That has since been updated, so if you want to see the album cover you have to enter full-screen mode. Which leads me to complaint 2:

2) When in full-screen to see the album, you cannot do ANYTHING without it exiting full-screen and taking you back to your main desktop. I then have to re-enter full-screen, re-pin the window where I want it, and go where I wanted to (queue, playlists, etc.). It is an infuriating inconvenience that is easily avoidable.

I am simply asking for the little corner album cover to be brought back. I really like associating my songs with their album and I don't want to hassle with everything else just to see that album cover of the song I'm listening to.

Thank you for your attention!

3 Replies

Hey there @alannam,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! 

We've checked this on our end and the album cover preview is still visible in the corner when you play a song - that's why we're moving your idea submission back to the help boards.

Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app and let us know if the cover art is still missing after that?

Keep in mind that it's possible to minimize the album cover when you click on the downward arrow appearing in the top right corner of the album cover. It should however still be visible in the Now Playing view.

Let us know how you get on. In case you're still having trouble with this, it'd be great if you can send over some screenshots so we can see how things look like on your end.

Cheers - We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same annoying problem And yes. Problem solved. Just made a clean reinstall as recomended. Voilá. Working again. Thnx so much! I came to think it was an awful programming decision on an ackward update. Thnx, thnx thnx

Hey @billparrish

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We're happy to know that everything is now working as usual.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts