Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] How to Create a Playlist of Albums

[Desktop][Playlists] How to Create a Playlist of Albums

I've been wanting to do this for several years now and just figured out a way, thanks to folders! FYI - you have to do this on your desktop or laptop you cannot do it on the app.

1. Right click on any playlist you have. On a Mac hold the "control" key when you click.

2. From the menu click Create Folder.

3. Right click on New Folder, choose Rename, and name the folder for the collection of albums you are making, ie. Bob Dylan.

4. Then search the for the albums you want to add to the folder.

5. When you have the album you want to add click the 3 dots ... below the album and select Add to Playlist, then select the folder you just created (ie. Bob Dylan) and click New Playlist. It will add the entire album to the folder. You can add as many albums as you want to the folder and it will organize it as albums not individual songs.

I hope this helps!

2 Replies

Cool hack!

Here is another trick to reduce your steps: just create a folder and drag-drop any album and a playlist will be created. Users do not need to create one and then add the album from the options. You can simply drag and drop an album to a folder to make it.

Feel free to ask anything!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Below the album and select Add to Playlist, then select the folder you just created and click New Playlist. It will add the entire album to the folder. You can add as many albums as you want to the folder and it will organize it as albums not individual songs.

Suggested posts