Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Re-instate multiple song selection

[Desktop][Playlists] Re-instate multiple song selection

After upgrading to the newest version (Mac OS) I'm unable to select multiple songs by holding shift and clicking to select songs in sequence, OR Cmd+click to add specific songs to a group selection, OR Cmd+A to select all songs in the currently viewed playlist or album. This is a must-have feature when building playlists... to drag (add) multiple songs to a playlist at once. Please re-instate this functionality.

3 Replies

Hi @zastrofiziks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community!

It should still be possible to select multiple songs on Desktop Mac. We tested this on two different devices running the latest version of Spotify without any issues. 

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try to clear your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

Keep us posted.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I am also experiencing this issue as of recently, where I cannot select multiple songs within a playlist on the Mac desktop app, as well as other missing features like custom sorting. What's odd is I am logged in on multiple Macbooks, and on one I can still select multiple songs, custom sort, etc. but on the other Mac these features appear unavailable. Both seem to be updated, but look slightly different.

Hey there @datboul9

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you tried following the steps @Xenia sent previously? 

If those didn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts