Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Track title display is stuck on my desktop even after I quit the app (OS X Catalina)

[Desktop] Track title display is stuck on my desktop even after I quit the app (OS X Catalina)

This has been going on for months. Sometimes the song title is superimposed on top of all other windows and it does not go away (it's like z-index: infinity or something). Even after I quit the app. I see no options to hide song title info anywhere in the settings or advanced settings. Using

• Mac OS X Catalina
  • Spotify version 1.1.44.538.g8057de92
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 7.48.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 7.49.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 7.44.47 PM.png
5 Replies

i'm also having this issue. Did you get it resolved in the end?

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 12.39.13.png

Also seeing this for a few weeks. Makes no sense. And, it remains even after you quit the app. Maybe it's another way for them to force us to use the browser version. I'm also running Catalina.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

We're not sure if this issue is caused by the Spotify app or the OS itself, so we'd like to ask you to perform some display refreshing actions on the Mac like locking the screen and unlocking it.

How about also changing the refresh rate or the resolution, does the same happen?

If this doesn't bring us further, share the specific device setup and we can maybe relay it to the tech team, but we haven't received substantial amount of users reporting this issue.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've had this problem SO many times. It happens almost every week and it's so annoying. Force quitting Spotify and changing the refresh rate/resolution does nothing. It just stays there forever. The only way I've been able to get it to disappear is by force restarting my MacBook. Has anyone been able to find an easier solution to this?

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 8.51.56 PM.png

Also happening to me! And the ONLY way to get rid of it is to reset my MacBook every time. Super annoying.

Suggested posts