Different Times Labeled on App and Website

Solved!

Different Times Labeled on App and Website

Plan

Free

Device

MacBook Pro 2020

My Question or Issue

The total duration of the music listed on the playlist on the website says 16hrs while on the desktop app it says 20 hours (and they both have the same number of songs so I don't know if it's a problem for all or not. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @adul567,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response.

The app is usually more accurate. We get how this creates confusion, so we've forwarded this to the relevant team, who'll look into it. However, we can't confirm when it will be addressed.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @adul567 ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share a link to the playlist with screenshots of its length from the web player and the desktop app? We can then dig in and investigate the reasons.

Keep us posted,

Cheeers!

DianModerator

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 3.41.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-18 at 3.39.59 PM.pngThe screenshot that says 21 hrs and 37 mins is from the app, while the 17 hr one is from the website. If you also want the link for my website playlist, it should be here. 

Marked as solution

Hey @adul567,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response.

The app is usually more accurate. We get how this creates confusion, so we've forwarded this to the relevant team, who'll look into it. However, we can't confirm when it will be addressed.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts