Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different library on Mac and iPhone

Different library on Mac and iPhone

Plan Premium

Country Australia

Device iPhone 6, and Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System iOS 11.4.1, Mac OS 10.12.6

My Question or Issue

Songs I have saved from my spotify on my phone no longer appear in the desktop version of Spotify even though it is the same account

3 Replies

I would suggest first trying to simply log in and out again or if this doesn't help reinstalling the Application on your mac. 

Thanks. Neither of those options changed anything. However I noticed that even before the reinstall the two machines were in close sync – playing on one machine showed up on the other and vice versa. Also new saved songs. However there is a period of 2 months recently (Late May-July) where saved songs from my phone are visible on the phone, but not on the computer. It’s odd. As a workaround I can play them on the phone then save them again on the computer while they are playing. It works but seems clumsy.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Also make sure to update to the latest version of macOS as I checked and it's latest version is 10.13.6 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts