Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Throwback Thursdays on Daily Drive?

Disable Throwback Thursdays on Daily Drive?

My Question or Issue

The "My Daily Drive" has started doing Throwback Thursdays. Even if I personally enjoyed the songs (which I don't, and they are obviously not selected based on my listening history or favorites) it's really frustrating to have a playlist that is auto-generated and includes songs Spotify can't even play. 

Is there an option to turn off throwback thursdays for the daily drive to keep this from happening? 

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.08.26 AM.png

Premium

USA

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016 / Android 

Operating System

MacOS Mojave / Marshmallow

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.08.26 AM.png
3 Replies

Hey @smlee, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

You can suggest that it in the Idea Submissions board.

Also, you can find more information about how the ideas exchange works here.

Note that the songs that are greyed out were actually removed from Spotify by the artists not Spotify. Spotify works hard to add music constantly. Here’s some info about missing content: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing

Thanks 🙂

I guess I phrased my question poorly. I specified the throwback thursdays on the daily drive because it's the only auto-generated playlist that I see songs grayed out on. 

The real question is: how can I ensure that auto-generated playlists do not contain unplayable songs? I consider this a regression of expected behavior and I'd like it to stop. 

Hey @smlee,

Thanks for getting back to us and for clarifying that.

Could you check to see if this is happening if you log into Spotify in the web player or on a mobile device using the same account?

If this is specific to the desktop app, could you try a clean reinstall by following the instructions in this support article?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this 😉

Suggested posts