Lineup Signup
Help Us Fix Metadata - Read more

Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Solved!
13 people liked this

Re: Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Music Fan
‎2013-08-29 04:57 AM

I completely agree with spongesqueeze.  I've taken it a step further and I have actually cancelled my premium subscription as of a couple of hours ago.  All I wanted to do was listen to music.  Evidently, I cannot just do that without red badge icons in my dock and in the application UI itself.  

Since the initial response from Spotify was to indicate to us that some people wanted this feature, I have to wonder, did those people sound like we do?  I am having a tough time imagining a person deciding to cancel their membership due to the absence of this type of notification... but maybe I'm not a typical user.

If/when this is fixed, I might be back.

11 people liked this

Re: Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Music Lover
‎2013-09-02 09:45 PM

Come on, Spotify developers. What are you doing with this stupid feature? 

Premium users don't want to be disturbed. That's WHY we pay. Do you understand that?

We don't want neither banners nor alerts. So please, be reasonable and fix it as soon as posible. 

25 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-09-22 12:27 PM

Honestly, please just add a setting in the configuration to disable these notifications. They bring me nothing but irritation.

8 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2013-11-07 02:07 PM

I really hate this badge notification too. There is NO way to disable it. Come on! Stop alerting me with stupid **bleep** I don't want. Perhaps I should unsubscribe as well..

7 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-11-19 09:25 AM

I hate this. I am a Premium user and really dont want to disturbed alle the time. Get rid of it. Should be an easy fix. 

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-11-29 05:53 AM

+1 

Highlighted
4 people liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2013-12-04 09:59 PM

QUOTE:

In the meantime, you can also choose to hide the spotify app from the dock bar, even when it's running:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/68915/hide-a-running-app-from-dock

To open up spotify, you'll have to launch it from Spotlight.

Oh thank you for this! You are my hero today!!

I've wasted half an afternoon trying to find a fix for this. I use the Simplify app so I didn't even need the icon -- and the constant grating irritation from the blurry bouncing goofiness on my dock had me very close to rage-quitting my premium subscription. I feel so relieved that I never have to look at it again.

4 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-12-06 08:29 AM

What a horrible feature! Please remove it, or add the option to hide it - the thing has no purpose to the user. I thought the premium accounts removed ads, remove this one too then.

3 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2013-12-19 01:11 PM

+1 I want to get rid of that red badge and the bouncing! Why is taking you so long?

8 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2014-01-06 10:25 PM

Totally agree!  I'm baffled why they wouldn't allow people to disable this feature.  I don't care if someone adds a song to one of the many playlists I follow, and I don't want to be bothered by a notification while I'm working.  

SUGGESTED POSTS