Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Suggestions Result in 'Track Not Found'

Discover Suggestions Result in 'Track Not Found'

To me this SIMPLY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

If your going to Suggest a new Song, and make it available to my very eyes, then you need to be on your game a ENSURE the content functions.

This isnt the first instance this has happened either.

A few months ago when Rihannas current album 'Unapologetic' came out, a notification was sent to my phone informing me it was now available to be viewed in spotifuggle.

ITS NOT.

It still isn't.

Im ASSUMING there are some limitations around content availability to specific nations, but its perplexing as if you have contracts for all the other content and artists material, why on earth is it so difficult to add on an additional album or track.

Experts, give me answers, and make them ones where I wanna take your side, and not remain on mine.

1 Reply

Having a license for some of an artists content doesn't automatically guarentee all of the their content immediately becomes available sadly, since licensing for different albums even can vary between countries and labels. 

Also annoyingly especially with big names, since the labels are in control of if/when content gets added to Spotify (since they have to add it) they are in the habit of withholding content for a long period of time in order to drive up download and physical media sales. Taylor Swift's Red album was a prime example. 

Spotify make all content they are allowed to available to us, anything beyond that is down to the record labels sadly. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts