Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Tab Not Updating

Discover Tab Not Updating

My favorite feature of Spotify is the Discover tab. It hasn't updated for a couple weeks now. Is this feature dying off? I'm not sure I would keep using Spotify if this isn't being updated regularly. 

5 Replies

I have some good news for you all! Let me know how it goes.

You don't seem to be follwing your Discover Weekly playlist. You can log into your account account on a desktop computer > go to Browse > Discover, and make sure you are following the Discover Weekly playlist. 

Please click the Accept as solution button and give a like if this answer was the one you looked for. I will appreciated it!

Thanks. I am following it and I do get daily playlist options. Let me explain further: When I am on the Discover tab. I see Top Recommendations For You, New Releases For You and then various Because you listened to (insert band here). The only section in the Discover tab that shows me new stuff is the New Releases For You section and that only updates on Fridays. The other sections haven't updated in a couple weeks. These used to update daily. I love these sections as it helps me discover (hey great name!) new music or rediscover stuff I may have gone years since listening to them.

I'm sorry for my miss understanding your problem. I have researched in the internet and I've finish out coming with two answers.

The first -> It seems then a simply logout and login fix this problem.

The second -> Sometimes it happens that not for every user the discover tab is updated automaticly. Sad fact is that you can't "force" this to update or do it manually. but i will investigate further 🙂

I've logged in and out. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it but it still won't update. Up until I could weeks ago this tab updated regularly, now nothing is updating. Not even the new music section. This is pretty much the only reason I use Spotify. I may have to cancel my premium account and go with other services.

+1 for this. My Discover tab hasn't updated in almost a month now. I get that they don't always update all the time but a month is kind of pushing it. Most of the recomendations aren't even all that new. I've listened to the majority of them at this point.

Suggested posts