Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly playlist not updating

Solved!

Discover weekly playlist not updating

I'm having trouble with my discover weekly playlist, it's stopped updating every week and I don't know how to fix it. It's been a month now with the same songs and won't update. Please help!

165 Replies

Hey @Mwana2121!

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We'd recommend streaming (with the app online), as much as you can until Monday.

Keep us in the loop with how things are looking, as we'll still be here to help.

We look forward to hearing back.

Many kind thanks,

/M

Okay will do! And I'll get back to you! Thx

Same issue as those above. 

DW has not updated in 3+ weeks. Bummed.

• Did a clean reinstall. No luck. 
  • Following / Unfollowing does nothing.
  • Logging in / out does nothing.
  • I do not use private mode, never have. 
  • I frequently add songs from DW to my playlists.
  • In the Web Player,  DW does not show up at all. (Maybe it's related. Who knows.)

Mine Spotify discover weekly has not updated in at least three weeks. I have tried logging out and back in and I have also uninstalled it on my phone and reinstalled. Any other advice?

My spotify "Discover Playlist" has been stuck with the same songs on all devices for 3 weeks. Every Monday now when I check the playlist, it shows songs as just added (for example: 10 hours ago) - although it contains the exact same songs as the previous weeks "Discover Weekly" playlist! Please fix this bug! It's not a local caching issue.

Hi there, I'm obsessed with the Discover Playlist, but recently mine has stopped working. It says that my playlist has updated, but for three weeks in a row now I've had the exact same 30 songs on my list, re-added each week.

I've tried logging out and logging back in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both on my phone and on my computer. What can I do to get my Discover Playlist to start updating again? Below is the info I've seen other users asked for in regards to similar issues:

• Spotify app version: 8.4.3.884 on iOS and 1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc on Desktop.
  • Premium Account
  • I use an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1, and a MacBook Pro with OS 10.11.4

Thank you!

Marked as solution

Hey @zfalen @mich41 @ikelman @ilikealliterati

Could you please post the Spotify URI / link of your DW playlist? I could pass it on to the right team so it can hopefully get fixed.

You need to go to your Discover Weekly playlist in your Desktop Spotify. Put your mouse pointer over the title and right click it. In there, the option will appear to 'Copy Spotify URI' and paste it here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same problem as the others in this thread. 

For the third week in a row my Discover Weekly has had the same songs but in a slightly different order. 

I have tried all of the suggested remedies here but to no avail. I regularly add new music as well. 

Hoping for a solution! Love that feature.

mine isnt working either

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcGl3y0mn6PMM

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcCPuB8P4eK7x

Thanks for posting. I've escalated the issue.

Seems like the DW playlist updates every week, but with the same tracks. Am I right?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@osornios - That appears to be the issue. I re-checked my DW playlist, and found it did, indeed, 'update' on Monday. At least, per the 'added on' date displayed on the right side of the track info. 

But, of course, they're all the same tracks - or very close to the same.

yes, mine are close to the same. 29 of 30 tracks and in a slightly different order.

@osornios: Yes, that's exactly what I said in my initial post. Any idea why I'm not getting new songs? Thank you.

Same Issue. DW isn't updating.

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcKVJdrQUxwcL

I am having the same issue, could you check?

Thanks.

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcW8XasXH44ad

Suggested posts