Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discovery Weekly Archive

Discovery Weekly Archive

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD make it possible to see what was on your previous Discovery Weekly playlist. I understand that I can set up a playlist to archive ahead of time, but there should absolutely be some way to go back and find those songs if you have forgotten to save them. This issue is NOT solved, and it seems like it would be incredibly easy for Spotify to fix it. At the very least, make it possible to view your history. 

5 Replies

Hey @mkrodenb, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This is not possible at the moment. For now, the best way to keep track of your previous Discover Weekly is to add the songs to a playlist like you mentioned.

However, we'll make sure to let the right folks know that this is something that you'd like to see in the future.

Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey @mkrodenb,

I know this isn't the built in solution you are asking for, but until Spotify makes it possible to to this within the app, you might want to check it out.

Rediscover - Spotify Discover Weekly Playlist Archiver

Rediscover automatically makes a copy of your discover weekly playlist and saves it to your Spotify, every Friday, in only one click (no need to setup an IFTTT account). Once you connect it to Spotify, you don't have to do anything else and the copied version will just show up automatically each week! Please let me know if there are any issues or missing features on twitter: @rileytomasek

Hope that helps!

If you want to view previous weeks you'd get an endlessly growing playlist. I don't think that fits within the service spotify provides and besides would get so big that no one would attempt listening to it. 

I understand where you're coming from though. I've had times where I would skip through my release radar compulsively just so I would'nt miss out on good songs (fyi that's 200 songs) If this is also your issue I'd like to remind you that new music gets released constantly. You could'nt possibly keep up so why try. just listen casually and spotify's algorithms will provide you with awesome music, after all spotify wants you to keep listening as long as possible!

So this is now an option.

“Rediscover uses the Spotify API to automatically make a copy of your Discover Weekly playlist every Friday. You can then see your old playlist for each week, even after Spotify has updated your Discover Weekly playlist.”
https://rile.yt/rediscover

Hey there @AndreasBastias,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing 🙂

While using the Rediscover service is an option, we cannot guarantee its functionality and whether it's secure or not, since it is not something officially developed by Spotify.

You might want to head over to this Idea and add your +Vote. The more votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is to be implemented in the future. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts