Announcements

Dont play / Block / Hide Tracks or Artists on DESKTOP VERSION

Highlighted

Dont play / Block / Hide Tracks or Artists on DESKTOP VERSION

Casual Listener

Implement "don't play / block / hide artists or tracks" -function on the desktop version of spotify, only available on ios/android?

Thanks 🙂

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Dont play / Block / Hide Tracks or Artists on DESKTOP VERSION

Visitor

Yes! I only use desktop on mac, and I want Spotify to stop adding one particular song to my daily mix, I love my mix and the rest of the artist's music is fine but I hate this one song!

Highlighted

Yes, this is so bizarre! So what happens when I start listening on my iphone but move to my laptop; do these artists I've blacklisted on my phone suddenly get added back to the mix when I move to the desktop version?  I would hope my settings regarding blacklisted artists/songs would sync across devices since my account already seems to do so.

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation

We can confirm that at the moment the options to hide a song or not play an artist is available only for mobile devices. They are also device specific, this means that the content will be removed only on the device, where these options were activated.

If you'd like to introduce the feature to blacklist content also on your desktop devices and for the effect to be account-wide,  we suggest that you submit an idea on our board, that requests this feature. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS