UK

Device

MacBook Pro

Operating System

Catalina 10.15.7

Spotify version - 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

My Question or Issue

Hey guys,

After the latest update (the one that brought the new UI) I can no longer double click a currently playing folder to restart it; instead, double clicking on the name of the folder would simply pause it and repeating the double click will resume the music being played.

Prior to this update, double clicking a folder would immediately play it anew regardless of whether it's already playing or not.

Could you please take a peek at that? 🙂 Having multiple playlists in a folder, I often feel like I need to shuffle up my queue but now I need to perform extra steps before I can restart a folder (or a playlist, behaviour is the same). There's already the Pause/Resume button in the controls, as well as right under the folder/playlist name, I'd love to instead go back to restarting a folder/playlist if double-clicking the name.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi there @Winter141,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

We can confirm that this is the expected behavior of the newest interface. However, we understand how that would be useful, so we suggest adding 

your idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Additionally, we suggest sharing your thoughts in this thread. The right folks are constantly monitoring it as your feedback helps us to keep improving the app.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Why would you guys even decide to change this feature when your shuffle doesnt even work properly as a shuffle, rather as a randomizer, and no other way to shuffle playlist apart from preemtively pressing the the shuffle button.

It actually makes 0 sense to me, how this helps anybody, who would even suggest such a garbage change and why would ANYONE entertain the idea. I've been trying.to wrqp my head around it and it's honestly quite infuriating even trying to come up with any type of justification in my head.

We already have multiple ways to pause/play not even including keayboard shortcuts and no dedicated shuffle feature? It not like this hasn't been a problem for a while now. There are hundreds of threads and suggestions in your forum to address such basic issues amd features in a music player, but yet to this day you guys haven't even done anything close. 

Are these forums for actual user suggetions or are they just a place for your customers to vent thier frustrations without having to take any actual action?

Hi @Cason,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We suggest that you leave your feedback in the thread that @CarlosE provided as we can assure you that we have the right folks looking into that.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts