Download icon next to playlist not high definition

Download icon next to playlist not high definition

This download icon is not crisp at all.

Spotify version: 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b
MacOS version: 10.15.3 (19D76)

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 20.57.29.png

9 Replies

Hey there @asdfasd999998

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried restarting the device this issue appears on? This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you see the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hey! Restarted on my personal macbook and tried on my work macbook as well - the issue still persists - when downloading a song in a playlist the download icon is super low resolution and looks all blurry. If you have a mac it should be easy to reproduce.

Here's a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qdeu6g4qzldnca/Screen%20Recording%202020-02-20%20at%2011.38.24.mov?dl=1

Hey @asdfasd999998

Thanks for getting back to us with a video. 

We checked the recording you made and we see the two download icons look exactly the same. Do you mind making a clearer screenshot instead and attaching it to your next reply? This way we can take a closer look at the difference you've spotted. 

Also, do you have the option to try on a device different than Mac? This will let you know if the issue is device-related.  

Stay tuned! 

Hey! Well, apparently you did not look closely enough. Look at the icon next to the playlist "Air" once a download is initiated. When an internet connection is slower, then the icon will look like that for the duration of the track downloading, in this case, it was half a second because the internet speed is fast here.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 14.26.35.png

Hey @asdfasd999998

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If you experience the issue only under a slower network connection, this means you should switch to a faster one.

When changing the Internet connection affects the behavior of the icon, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I experience the icon irrespective of the internet connection speed. For example, I am currently on a super-fast fiber optics network and I still see the blurry icon. The icon being blurry has no relation to network speed whatsoever.

Can you please escalate this to engineers or alternatively please let me know how to report this to engineers.

Thanks

Here is another video that shows the blurry icon while downloading 148 tracks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lphrxnyr3jn0da1/Screen%20Recording%202020-02-20%20at%2015.27.41.mov?dl=1

I'm experiencing the same issue, and apparently it is not an issue only some may have, since I've tried with different devices, different network, the same blurry icon appeared.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.19.29 AM.png

Few people noticed, but I don't think it is a minor bug.

Yep, it seems that all macOS Shopify app users are affected (and perhaps other platforms as well). I think that having this dynamic icon in high-res is hygiene (even if it takes up more storage space) since most macOS users are on Retina screens.

Suggested posts