Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads - virus?

Downloads - virus?

I'm using Premium on a 30-day free trial. My computer is an iMac from late 2009, OS: El Capitan.  I'm concerned about downloading, especially full albums.  After creating a playlist of three items I tried to download it and was "successful". However, when I checked the location  I found that I had only managed to create 33 folders, of about 9 MB, but impossible to open (no, I didn't check all of them). I have tried other locations as well, e.g. Music/iTunes/iTunes Musc which harbors all the files in my iTunes library, and a folder on Desktop. Same thing there. The names of the folders are two characters, such as ff, b2. Wha could the problem be?

3 Replies

Hey,

The songs are neither streamed nor downloaded as a single file (such as MP3, for example). They are streamed and stored in the way you have descibed, so there's nothing wrong.

One of the befinfits of doing it like this is that the songs cannot be stolen or moved.

I see. I was hoping to collect all my music files in one place, but I suppose this works too. What happens when my subscription terminates?

If you do not have an active subscription and are online and try to listen, or if you are offline after the given time period after which you need to go online, Spotify will not play the downloaded songs. I don't think they will disapear, but I am not sure. You might have to download them again after activating the subscription.

Suggested posts