sockwrite
Music Fan

Family

Premium

UK

Device

MacBook Air 2017

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

When adding songs to a playlist today I noticed that the 'duplicate warning' message is no longer appearing and that duplicate songs are being added without being able to stop it from happening. This was working yesterday. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.

25 Replies

Re: Duplicate warning not working

BellaK_396
Rising Star 11
Rising Star 11

Hi @sockwrite,

I suggest a clean re-install.

This usually helps fix the small glitches that can happen in the app.

Follow the steps and let me know how you go!

Regards,
BK

Find this helpful? Click the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find this thread and solve similar problems!

BellaK_396Rising Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

sockwrite
Music Fan

Hi @BellaKitty369,

Thanks very much for the advice; I'll follow the instructions and let you know how it goes. One question though – does a clean re-install delete current playlists?

Thank you.

BellaK_396
Rising Star 11
Rising Star 11

Hi @sockwrite,

Nope, not at all! Spotify saves all your playlists to a server, so they are attached to your account, rather than your device.

Let me know how it goes! 😄

Regards,

BK

BellaK_396Rising Star 11
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Jeremy

Hey there @sockwrite,

Just jumping in to the thread to let you know that you will have to download your playlists offline again after the clean reinstall.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

sockwrite
Music Fan

Hi @BellaK396,

I've just followed the instructions for a clean re-install but the problem has not gone away I'm afraid and duplicates are still being added without warning. I don't suppose you know of anything else that can be done that might help? I'd appreciate any advice. 

Thank you.

sockwrite
Music Fan

Hi @Jeremy,

Thanks for letting me know but I'm afraid the clean re-install didn't seem to work and duplicates are still being added without warning? I don't suppose there's any advice you could give to try and solve this do you.

Thanks you.

Mihail

Hey @sockwrite,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've recently rolled out a new version of the desktop client for some of the user accounts. We're trying some new things out and that's the reason why there may be a difference in the features available. It would seem that that's why you're not seeing the duplicate warning anymore.

There is a thread in the Community, where you can share your thought and give feedback on how you feel about the new design. Check it out here. Our team is always trying to improve the user experience and any thoughts on how to make it better are more than welcome.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

sockwrite
Music Fan

Hi @Mihail,

Thank you for alerting me to that threat and I have posted about the issue there. In the meantime, does this mean there is no solution to this problem?

Thank you.

dgattey
Regular
Posted about this yesterday too - it's a bug in the new experience, not a difference in features available. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Regression-No-warning-when-adding-the-same-album-songs-...
SUGGESTED POSTS