Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate warning not working

Duplicate warning not working

Family

Premium

UK

Device

MacBook Air 2017

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

When adding songs to a playlist today I noticed that the 'duplicate warning' message is no longer appearing and that duplicate songs are being added without being able to stop it from happening. This was working yesterday. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.

46 Replies

Hi @jovelroystan,

Thanks very much for letting me know but for me it seems that even when I'm adding individual duplicates they are added anyway. Let's hope they at least tell us when they're planning on fixing what they broke.

Hey,

Yes, I actually just had the same issue this morning with an individual track, so it seems as though there is no real rhyme or reason for when it works. And yeah, hoping they fix it soon, as it's a huge pain.

I've tried this twice now (Mac OS Big Sur 11.1) and I still can't get the duplicate warning to appear 😞 It's a brand new MacBook, with a brand new user file too. 

The problem still exists, months later.

I'm on a Mac with the latest desktop app. 1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a-a with a clean install.

Still no warning on duplicates... No news on this?

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We've worked on fixing this. If you're still experiencing this it would be great if you can let us know your current Spotify version.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

ALERTE DOUBLON INEXISTANTE AVEC NOUVELLE ERGONOMIE la nouvelle ergonomie en place ce 9 avril 2021 ne propose plus d'alerte doublon lorsque vous transférez plusieurs fois un même titre dans une même playlist Rapatriez au plus vite cette fonctionnalité essentielle à la qualité du service et tenez informée la communauté svp

Still Not working when will this be fixed??? Using latest webplayer and windows store app 1.184.716.0

8/25/2022 same problem here please fix it

Hey @notjiongl,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

After some of the recent updates, the issue was supposed to be resolved. However, we can continue investigating your case.

Most of the time, a song with the same name could be added to the same playlist because they're from separate albums; like in the case of a Deluxe edition. But if the song is from the same album and artists, it should show the "duplicated song" pop-up.

To keep looking into this, would you mind sending us the URI of one of the tracks you can re-add, along with a screenshot where we can see both songs? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm using the Spotify website on Brave browser and I am also not getting the duplicate warning for many songs, but not all. It seems to depend upon the album. I wasn't getting the warning with Alien Ant Farm albums, Chevelle, Coldplay and others, here's an example: 

dupe.PNG

Hey @Timdog364,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

We appreciate the screenshots, but in order for us to investigate deeper we would need URI's along with the screenshots as mentioned by @Oscar

It would also be great if you could include in your next response the make, model and OS version of the device that is having the issue. 

Take care!

LyubkaModerator

I cannot grab a song's URI on the browser version of spotify, it's not an option.

Also, it does this with every song.

Hey @Timdog364,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, you can also send us the link of the playlist in which you noticed this behavior. You can do this by selecting the playlist with the right mouse button. Then, on the drop down menu select Share> Copy link to playlist. You can paste it in your next response.

This'll help us to check the playlist and investigate it further.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hey @Timdog364,

Thanks for the reply and the link.

Could you confirm, that you can replicate this issue on a different browser, e.g. Firefox or Chrome with a different Spotify account?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Yeah I just installed Firefox and tried it and I'm sorry to say that I was able to duplicate the same problem again with no warning: 

Timdog364_1-1663615802495.png

Timdog364_0-1663615740706.png

Hey there @Timdog364

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your browser in the web player and check if they can replicate this with their account (with the same albums you mentioned)? 

On another note, would you mind trying if the same happens while using a different internet connection? 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Not working on the web player. It's been happening for a while and still is. FYI. 

Hey @BlackieChan,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

To continue investigating this, could you check if the issue persists in an incognito/private window or a different browser? This will give us a better look at it.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It seams this has been fixed and was working for a really long time but now it is broken again. I could add a track several times in to a playlist without any message coming up asking me for confirmation what I want to do. Some time ago I was asked if I want to add it or not as it exists already in the playlist..

Suggested posts