Duplicate warning not working

Duplicate warning not working

Family

Premium

UK

Device

MacBook Air 2017

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

When adding songs to a playlist today I noticed that the 'duplicate warning' message is no longer appearing and that duplicate songs are being added without being able to stop it from happening. This was working yesterday. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.

46 Replies

Hey @simonschaufi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let us know if this happens on different devices? If not, then share the model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected one. You can also check how things look in the web player.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I have another problem. When I'm listening daily mix I see some songs aren't liked and when I want to add them to playlist it shows they aren't in any playlist. But, when I search my playlists it shows they are in there and they are in liked songs. So when I add them anyway it doesn't say that this song is already in there but instead it just duplicate the song in that playlist.

It is both for android app and web player.

Screenshot_20240313_201151_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240313_201244_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240313_201212_Spotify.jpg

Hi @Nevenzg,

Thanks for the reply. This might be due to two different but identical looking versions of the same song being present. Is this issue sporadic or consistent with specific content? Can you copy the URIs of the song from both places and compare if it's the same?

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This issue is very often but I don't know how or with what content. The second song in this Daily mix isn't liked too and I can add it to a playlist but when I search in the playlist this song shows. After that I've found that I have many duplicate songs and the reason is that Spotify doesn't warning me anymore for duplicates. The main problem is that I don't know anymore what is new because I have thousands in my playlists and now I see that many of them are showing in new playlists without being liked.

Screenshot_20240313_213117_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240313_201151_Spotify.jpg

Hi @Nevenzg,

Thanks for your reply and for the screenshots.

So we can take a look, send us the link or URI of both songs. So, go to the Daily Mix, and from there click on the 3 dots right next to the song > Share > Copy link. Then go to the playlist where you have the song added and do the same from there. Send both of those links. Additionally, could you check if the same thing happens from another device or the Web Player?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi there @Nevenzg,

Thanks for your prompt reply and the links you sent. 

Those are two different uploads of the same song. You can check it out because both have different URLs. If they were the same, the link would be identical. That's the reason why some of the songs, even though you've liked them/added them to a playlist, don't show the green arrow. It's most likely just another upload of the same song.

This can happen for many reasons, maybe the song was released as a single and then again with the full album, or maybe an extended version of the same album, or a Compilation was uploaded with the same song in it.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts