Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ERROR CODE 17 ON MAC

Solved!

ERROR CODE 17 ON MAC

Hi everyone, I've been having problems starting using spotify on both of my computers, the same problem: once I've installed the app and it's time to log in, it appears a error code 17, that says: that askme to check out the firewalls or the proxy configuration, I have the firewalls unlocked, so I don't know what could be the problem. Can anyone help??

Thanks!

K.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I recently had 'Error code: 17' at the log-in page of the App. on my MacBook Pro, which suggested that it was my proxy settings. BUT in reality it was due to me being abroad for over 14 days.

SOLUTION: Update your 'Country' setting in your 'My Account' at 'Profile' section.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

I recently had 'Error code: 17' at the log-in page of the App. on my MacBook Pro, which suggested that it was my proxy settings. BUT in reality it was due to me being abroad for over 14 days.

SOLUTION: Update your 'Country' setting in your 'My Account' at 'Profile' section.

I hope this helps!

I had the same problem and this worked for me. Thank you! 😄

Thanks so much! That worked for me as well.

I am out of the country, changed my location but still shows. Help?

Thank you so much. I was getting really **bleep**.

I am also abroad and was able to use spotify but now when I try to log in I get error code 17.  I tried to change my country but cannot.  When I try to edit my profile the only choice I have is Canada where I originally signed up for spotify.

Actually I got the same problem. I just can't change my "country" location. 

Anybody ? I'm abroad and being deprived of my music is such a pain ahaha. Please help us. 

Exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution to this problem? 

Can you please tell me where I can find My Account, and the Profile settings... I can't log in at the Spotify log-in page, because of the Error 17..... So where can I change the settings that you suggest ??

I found it !! I went to "Spotify help" (Google) and could change the settings in my profile.... I updated the country where I'am living in.... and it worked !!

Glad it help and solved your problem. For me, there is not an option to change the country. So, I have to live without Spotify.

I solved this problem by logging in my account use spotify app first at my mobile phone. So maybe you can try it .

You can change your country on spotify.com just login to your profile and select the country you are currently to. This should help

i think you also have to change your location on your actual computer for it to work, beause the spoify page automatically recognizes your  location

Suggested posts