Editing music on Spotify

Highlighted

Editing music on Spotify

goldengrizzly15

Hello. I am currently an apple music user. Although apple music is nice, I like Spotify better just in general. It does a better job than apple at music personalization, radio, etc. however, the only thing keeping me away from Spotify is that seems like users are unable to edit music. I like to put in my own album art and song information and such, which apple music allows nicely with ease. However, Spotify does not allow the same, I think? Does anyone know of a way to do this? I would be a loyal Spotify user if this were able to occur.

1 Reply

Re: Editing music on Spotify

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hi @goldengrizzly15 and welcome to the Community! :)
Correct, you cannot modify Spotify track info + artwork within the program. You can modify your playlist(s) cover art though. This is likely because the app is pulling from an online catalog (live streaming vs. purchase/download).

However, if you have local files, Spotify will display the song name and album art that its reading from. For example, I have some songs on my local HD that were first formatted in iTunes and now show the artwork and titles the exact same way in Spotify when I play them.

I am a dedicated Apple user since iTunes was first created, but having said that, I do love Spotify's functionality much more than the current Apple Music service. The interface design + all the customized/curated content gives a much more inviting experience.
Hopefully this helps answer your question and that you will continue enjoying Spotify!

Have a good one! :)

Bethany_03Rock Star 3
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS